FIVE KEY BUSINESS PRINCIPLES
In 2019, the U.S. Business Roundtable redefined the “purpose” of corporations to include serving citizens, not just shareholders, and to becoming a force for change.98 The Business Roundtable committed to five key principles:
1. Delivering value to customers.
2. Investing in employees by compensating them fairly and providing important benefits, supporting them through training and education to develop new skills for a rapidly changing world, and fostering diversity and inclusion, dignity, and respect.
3. Dealing fairly and ethically with suppliers by serving as good partners to the other companies, large and small, that are part of the supply chain.
4. Supporting the communities in which companies work by embracing sustainable practices.
5. Generating long-term value for shareholders, and committing to transparency and effective engagement with shareholders.99
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish