1. Do not have an oleander flower in the house, if
there is a maiden or a bride present, for she will
not be married.
2. If a child is suffering from insomnia, place a
branch of aspen in his crib.
3. Overcoming-the-grass is filled with abilities to
protect people, who go to foreign lands, from
different disasters and attacks.
4. Sunflowers, planted before windows, will protect
from small failures. Sunflowers are considered to
be a symbol of well-being and harmony in sem’ya
(family), which cleanses the house from negative
energy. Raw seeds of sunflowers would be placed
before the threshold, in order to protect self from
5. The root of a lily, if worn around the neck, helps
to attract love.
6. If a periwinkle should grow in the garden, it will
bring happiness to the owner of the house.
7. If plants don’t bloom in the house, there will be
no money in sem’ya.
8. If a flower, especially gifted, withered, it
averted illness or a disaster.
9. If a young tree withered for no reason, it
cannot be used for any purpose, for it withered
from witchcraft, and it absorbed an illness that was
meant for an individual, and it can transfer that
illness if a person should touch it. It can only be
touched, when all the bark and twigs fell off it.
10. If an ill individual should sit upon an aspen
stump, that stump will take away his illness.
11. Flowers of Melissa attract love to all who wear
it upon their body.
12. Things made of oak strengthen social status of
their owner and contribute to the growth of his
authority. Ornaments and jewelry made of oak give
weight to the words of the woman wearing them.
The acorns, which were picked up for happiness,
help professional growth and protect against
13. In order to protect newlyweds from vitiation,
pieces of alder bark were placed in their pockets.
14. Thistle gives comfort to the individuals who are
yearning after the departed relatives. If placed at
the head of the bed, it protects from nightmares.
15. A cactus in the house leads to the drunkenness
of the head of the household.
16. It is said that a person anointed with chicory
juice, will gain propitiousness of the high-ranking
17. Hops in the boot protects from vitiation.
18. In order to better find mushrooms and berries;
place small branches from three different trees into
your hat or handkerchief and place three different
grasses in your pocket.
19. Flowers, gifted in a flower pot, will not grow,
until you give a symbolic payment for them. A
plant, that is left in a strange house, considers itself
forgotten, but if it’s paid for, it understands that it
now has a new home.
20. If you pour water, that is left over after
bathing an ill child, under a birch, it will take the
illness upon itself and from the child. The child can
also be carried over to the birch for the transfer
21. A man who loves almonds, loves his wife.
22. After the wedding, a couple would come to the
oldest oak tree and walk around it three times in
order to strengthen their bond.
23. To have an ivy inside the house - to lose a
24. If the woman treats anybody to her vegetables
while in her garden, she needs to give the first
vegetable she sees and not pick the best looking
one, for it will stop the growth of all other
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish