Summer grilling isn’t just for meat and vegetables. Peaches, pineapple, mangos, apricots, nectarines and grapes tempt your taste buds in a whole new way when added to the grill.
• Cut washed fruit in bite size chunks or wedges, remove pits, and place on a wood or metal skewer or on a vented grilling tray.
• Prepare fruit on skewers, then lay skewers on a medium heated grill or on the top cooking rack.
• Grill for about 3 minutes or until grill marks show on fruit, then turn skewer and grill other side for 3-4 minutes until fruit is soft but not mushy.
• Remove from grill and place onto serving platter, or divide into individual servings and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
• Garnish with fresh sprig of mint, if desired.
Connie’s Comments: Soaking wooden skewers in water before adding fruit pieces helps prevent “splinters” in the fruit when removing fruit from skewer.
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish