recipe card: The Five Steps of Conscious Caregiving
1. Helplessness—The caregiver may experience shock, disbelief, denial, uncertainty, confusion, fear and even resentment at a task which appears daunting.
2. Recognition—The role of caregiver has been temporarily accepted with hesitation and doubt. The caregiver begins to make decisions which will impact their loved one and also themselves.
3. Process—The caregiver starts to reach out, seek help and begin the process of conscious caregiving. They embrace the caregiving role, use a team approach, express gratitude, and tap deeper into their spiritual source.
4. Acceptance—The caregiver starts to realize that the trajectory of their loved one’s illness cannot be changed. They see they are not in control.
5. Surrender—Give in—let go—let God. We recognize we are not in control and allow “Thy will be done.”
Click Follow to receive emails when this author adds content on Bublish